The popularity of online shopping is incredible and it is only likely to increase in the coming years. So, here are a few reasons why online shopping is so great:
1. You can do online shopping at any time of the day. While more and more high street shops in major towns and cities are opening 24/7, the majority still close before 8 pm and don’t open again until 6 am at the earliest. Online stores, on the other hand, are open round-the-clock, 365 days a year. This means you can browse and buy items from sites like serendipity online sales whenever you like including at 2 am on a bank holiday Monday.
2. Online prices are generally much cheaper. This is because internet retailers do not have the same overheads as physical stores and they can pass on their overhead savings to their customers. You can often save more than 20% on the purchase price when you shop via the internet.
3. Free home delivery is another reason why online shopping has taken off. After all, who doesn’t want to have all of their purchases delivered directly to their doorstep at a time to suit? Indeed, many online stores now offer 2-hour delivery slots, so you can arrange your delivery for a time when you know you will be at home.
4. Online reviews are another reason why many people prefer internet shopping. On almost any product page in an e-store, you will see a section for customer reviews. Reading those reviews enables shoppers to learn more about items from the perspective of previous buyers. In contrast, in a brick and mortar store, you have to rely solely on the manufacturer’s description on the box when making your choice.
5. The web allows you to order from international suppliers, which means you have access to a much wider range of products. Expats typically love online stores, as they can order products they used to only be able to get in their home country.
6. Those that are not afraid of online auctions can often pick up some major bargains on platforms like eBay. Many auctions start from just 1p and if you bid at the right time, you can often get items for much less than the RRP. Just beware of getting into a bidding war with someone and spending more than you need to. Sellers face lots of competition on eBay, so it really is a buyer’s paradise.
7. In the past, many people avoided online shopping because returns were costly and a big hassle. Nowadays, most online stores offer hassle-free returns, as they will send you all the return labels you need and arrange courier collection from your doorstep.
Above we have only touched on a few of the reasons why online shopping is so popular. There are many more reasons. Just ask a few people you know what they like about internet shopping and you are sure to get tons of different answers. Keep in mind that you don’t have to do all your shopping online and there are still lots of benefits to shopping on the high street.